Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Smashing Pumpkins- 1979

I know that I have said this before, but 1979 is probably my favorite song and the Pumpkins are one of my favorite bands.  The music video for 1979 is also one of the best music videos of all time. I don't think many other forms of art have captured the essence of youth and it's carefree attitude as well as this song and it's video.  The song was not even supposed to be on Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. On the last day before they chose from the 56 Corgan penned songs for the double album, 1979 was a little more than a few chord changes and Corgan singing a melody without any words.  The producer wanted to drop it from the record which fueled Billy to finish the song in 4 hours. (((Genius)))  I also just found out the other day that the video for Perfect follows the same characters from the 1979 video in the their lives a few years later.  I was just browsing around on the suggested videos on the side of YouTube (which I highly recommend) while watching this video the other day and found some other great interpretations of this song.  Have some patience with the remixe










and the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrivjzw0RlI
embedding was disabled by request.

No comments:

Post a Comment